Chaired by the Mayor of Sheffield City Region, the purpose of the Transport Board is to drive the development and delivery of the SCR’s programme and activity, and provide direction for and oversee the performance of South Yorkshire Passenger Transport Executive (SYPTE).
The role of the Transport Board is to:
· assist in the development of the transport strategy and strategies for its implementation;
· shape future policy development and priorities on issues related to transport;
· develop new transport programmes;
· make investment decisions within the agreed budget and policy on transport, as delegated by the Mayoral Combined Authority (MCA);
· accept grants with a value of less than £2 million;
· monitor programme delivery and performance on transport; and
· oversee the performance of SYPTE in delivering operational transport services and its capital programme and providing SYPTE with political direction.
The Terms of Reference for this Board can be found in the Mayoral Combined Authority Constitution.
Transport Board meetings are not public however, papers are published 5 clear working days prior to each meeting and draft minutes are published within 10 clear working days of the meeting taking place. The final minutes of Board meetings are published within 10 clear working days of being approved. Some papers may be withheld from publication. If this is the case, the agenda will indicate the appropriate exemption under Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act 1972.
This Board has been replaced with the Transport and the Environment Board.